October 1, 2009

LunaFest Films By, For and About Women

Tonight I attended the LunaFest film festival of short films by, for and about women. Each of the films touched me deeply and together they made me feel strong and proud to be who I am. Lately I've been feeling that life is passing me by because I am not living the standard protocol of being married, having a family, buying a house. Tonight I recognized that I'm living a unique life and every day is experienced to the fullest - with each choice my own. Plus, my friends are my extended family and what a tremendous network of women I have in my life.

Although I attended the film festival alone I met some wonderful women this evening who were eager to pull me into their circle. Some of the best vibes I've had in a San Francisco arts experience, ever.