- You never know from where you will derive your next project, therefore keep your mind, heart and email in-box open.
- Making money as a consultant is more than success it is the opportunity to pay quarterly taxes. Prepare by saving each month.
- Every project takes at least an extra two months longer than you and the client estimate. This is because living in the now takes priority over planning for the future, regardless of your focus on strategy.
- Pre-plan every client interaction and in advance of group meetings walk through the agenda at least twice with the client. No surprise is a good surprise.
- Find a partner and work in consulting teams for this will help you stay sane.
October 29, 2009
Tao of Consulting
I'm having all kinds of realizations about life as a consultant.
Labels: tao of consulting