January 4, 2021

Gratitude: Veterans Yoga Project

Today I began yoga Mindful Resilience Training (MRT) with the Veterans Yoga Project

Ever since I started teaching as a professor I have had the honor of working with many Veterans. Over the years I've learned how to be a good leader in the classroom and to create a safe environment. Many of my students at Golden Gate University, in The Manager as Communicator and Emotional and Social Intelligence at Work courses, are Veterans who have expressed a desire to increase their sense of calm, ease and relaxation. There always seemed to be an opportunity to bring awareness and intention to a mindfulness practice through movement and breath work. 

After completing this course my intention is to offer free yoga classes (online for now) to the Veteran community - perhaps directly through GGU and maybe through the Veterans Yoga Project.

The gratitude I express today is in learning that Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is recoverable. As a yoga teacher I can provide a safe external environment through clear asana, pranayama and meditation sequences that allow participants to find a safe internal space for their own healing.