January 9, 2011

The Final Holiday Hurah

Well, my three weeks of stay-cation are over. Actually, last week I worked quite a bit, but it still was vacation because I wasn't teaching or studying. Tomorrow begins the Winter 2011 quarter and I have a bit of stage fright. Maybe my students are nervous too. It is a bit silly that I feel this way since I know 90% of my students from previous classes. I just want to make sure I do a great job and am a good role model for them.

To celebrate my final day of stay-cation I'm heading out, in the freezing weather, to have an ice cream sundae at Fenton's. Earlier in the day I took a long hike in the Oakland hills and went to the Oakland Museum of California with Leah to again see the Pixar exhibit, which was so much better the second time around.

Now to get a sugar high so that I can crash and get, hopefully, eight hours of restful sleep.