January 1, 2011

1-1-11

Since Christmas Eve people have been telling me that 2011 is going to be a great year. This has been unprompted so either people are compelled to tell me this as some kind of premonition, or there is a general belief that "things are going to turn around".

At the Christmas party a woman said to me, "This is going to be the start of a good year for Pisces since the past ten years were bad for us." Interesting, because she didn't even know I was a Pisces. She made me think, "were the past ten years bad?" I wouldn't say that but I certainly would like the next ten to be better.

Today the clerk at CVS said, "This is going to be a better year." When I asked her how she knew, she said, "because all the bad laws are ending." Probing further, I asked why that was and she said, "because bad politicians put bad laws in place and now that we are having changes in the administration, their bad laws leave with them." Well, it didn't make great sense but I liked her thinking.

Last night at the salsa party I was chatting with a woman who wrote a letter to 2010 on NYE. She said it was a letter in which she reminisced about the highs and lows of her relationship with 2010 and now that they are breaking up, with 2011 being her new partner, she wanted to highlight what they had experienced together. I liked this idea. When I shared with her how I set my intentions for 2011 and also that I give each year a theme, she thought that was a spectacular idea. "When people set their intentions, they actually move towards them. That's so smart. Year of Balance, Wow, now that's mature."

So here is my intention - regardless of the Zodiac and our politicians, 2011 is going to be an awesome year because I intend to live to my fullest potential.

Welcome into my life 1-1-11 - I look forward to a relationship where we strive for balance and are driven by love, learning and creativity.