September 12, 2008

Change of Scene

You may be wondering why my family is now in the picture. I neglected to mention that we are all in Washington, DC for my brother's wedding on Saturday. It is an all-hands-on-deck affair as we are doing almost everything except the catering, with the exception of cupcakes of course.

Yesterday we were at Rachel's (Matt's partner) Mother's house, the location of the ceremony and reception. The tent is setup and we were working on the flowers, rolling silverware in napkins and generally spending time together. Then the cupcake baking in the afternoon at Teaism. Today it is back to the house for more flower arranging, hanging lights and setting up tables and chairs. This evening a party at Rachel's brother and sister-in-law's house.

My mom arrived on Monday. I got here Wednesday. Dad and my two grandmothers arrived yesterday afternoon and today the Plotkin side of the family (mom's kin) arrives in full force.

More photos to come.