November 6, 2007

A New Type of Anxiety Dream

Have you ever had an anxiety dream where you are trying to use the to call for help but you can't remember the numbers? Or, maybe you can't push the buttons or the phone is not connected. I have a new tech anxiety dream which I experienced last night - no wifi connection. In my dream I was trying to write and send an email and I kept getting kicked off the network. Then I realised that I was using someones wireless network, not my own.

This reminds me of when I was a professor at University of Houston in 2006 and I had the reverse student anxiety dream. Student anxiety dream is that you forget to attend a course all year and then you show up to take the exam. The professor version is that you forget to teach a course for a year and show up to give the exam.