January 29, 2011

Questions of the Heart

Today I am in a two-day on-site course for my doctoral program. Our Professor disarmed me with his casualness. Frankly, at first I was expecting him to be a little more intense and serious. But then I realized, he's super easy going. Here are some fantastic words of advice he shared with us in the first few hours:


“Your focus should be on questions of the heart. The purpose of higher education is to search for truth. A doctoral program is to conduct and write research to search for truth. On your topic, you will be developing world-class expertise on your topic. You only get one shot to do this in your life so you should think big.”

Frankly, my heart is telling me to take action, live my intentions and not focus so much on research. 

To be continued...