February 6, 2010

Shmule and Deepster

Happy nephew and uncle.


I am in Connecticut for my grandmother Minerva's 90th birthday party and it has been a wonderful opportunity for all the sibs to hang with our Aunt Patty and Uncle Nolan. The visit is a bit shorter than I had hoped because my flight was cancelled on Friday night in anticipation of the impending storm. However, JetBlue was fantastic and got me on the first flight out on Saturday morning.

It actually turned out to be so much better to fly in the morning instead of taking the redeye. Plus, one of the Project Runway season 7 constestants was on my flight, Amy from Oakland. Ironically, I had just watched her the evening before as I waited to find out if my flight would be cancelled. I am so proud of her work and that she's from Oakland. I had even been thinking, "would be so cool to run into her some day" and there she was!

Today I'm catching up with one of my best friends from childhood, Karen and hopefully tomorrow, if all works out well, I'll see my other best peep from growing up - Lori. I also have a coffee date with a photographer I use to work for, many summers ago, Peter Tepper.