February 16, 2009

Preparing for the UK

Thursday I leave for my 10 day business trip to the UK. I love that it is a business trip as one of my goals is to continue to work internationally. I am finally co-presenting the NCVO Barclays Leadership Programme with my co-consultants Martin and Ann of Get2thepoint.org. We have been developing the program for a year and both Ann and Martin have been presenting sessions for the past nine months. Now I get to join in the fun.

What has been most exciting about this business venture-adventure is collaborating with my UK partners and my two friends Leah and Simone. Leah is based here in Oakland and has totally blown my mind on her expertise and commitment. Simone is our mutual friend who lives in the UK. What started out as birthday week get-away with two great friends has turned into a co-presenting partnership. Simone and Leah have put in dozens of volunteer hours to support the agenda and presentation content development. We all see this as a tremendous opportunity.

Our first program is in London and then the next day we're in Leeds followed by a one-day excursion to Cardiff, Wales and then on to Bristol and concluding in Bath. Whirlwind of travel! Plus, I'll be doing a one-day trip up to Edinburgh. The final. Day of the trip Ill be hooking up with my yoga pals and former neighbors in my old neighborhood in Nottinghill.

Feels like reclaiming my UK experience and very similar to my Houston trip last November.