July 30, 2008

Triathletes Across Generations

This past weekend my brother AND father participated in the New Jersey State Triathlon. Matt has been training for months. He's a super strong cyclist and runner. To get up to speed in swimming Matt trained with a professional swimmer. When I stayed with him and Rachel in DC in May and June Matt was always up early and staying out late riding his bike, plus, riding to and from work. Totally amazing. My dad is a strong cyclist and runner - swimming is also a newer sport for him.

Triathlons are really about individual athletes competing against their own best times. Ask my dad and he won't agree - it is just as much about the competition. Good thing my dad's age group only had two participants and guess what - he won a silver medal!

Above is a great shot of my mom, dad and Matt.