March 26, 2011

Need a Vision

This week I have been exploring vision. It came up in a client coaching session - having a vision so that you can move towards it; in my Executive Leadership class when our school President talked to my students - you need a vision to move yourself and your team forward; and in the two films I watched on my San Francisco to Hong Kong flight - Conviction and Secreteriat.

In the two films, both dramatized documentaries, the stories center around a strong women with a vision. That vision is about family, in these cases, how they save a family from ruin. What I reflected on when watching these films is that I need a vision. As I thought about it more, I do have one - teaching the business of art. However, in my personal life it is about partnership, equality, passion, and adventure. Still working out that vision.