February 9, 2007

New York State of Mind

All day I listened to WFUV radio on the internet at work. It put me into the best mood. There’s something about hearing the 5am weather and traffic that makes you feel connected to the Big Apple. Hearing the names of familiar expressways and bridges put me in a New York state of mind.

WFUV played an all day tribute to The Police who seem to be reuniting. Very exciting. Even better, they played lots of folksy bluesy tunes that took me back to my years in Ithaca. What trip down memory lane is complete without a search on the web for your favourite places? I found the café that I worked at following graduation - ABC Cafe (Apple Blossom Cafe). I even recognise some of the people.

PHOTO: Ken one of the ABC Cafe Co-Owners - image taken from their website. Amasing that's he's still there wearing the same shirt and hat too.