November 20, 2006

My First Job...In the UK


Put away the defibrillator because my brain will no longer need jump starting in the mornings…I have a job and a great one at that.

Starting 27 November I will be the Business Development Manager for Legal Action Group http://www.lag.org.uk/. This NGO (non government organisation, aka non profit) is similar to Business Arts Council http://www.bizarts.org/ where I worked for five years in San Francisco in that it provides training and publications in best practices.

“We are a national, independent charity which campaigns for equal access to justice for all members of society. LAG was formed in 1972 out of a desire to encourage a more active approach to the delivery of legal services and the role of non-lawyers. A major concern was the inadequate access to advice for private inner city tenants.”

Stepping away from the arts you may say? Actually, this fits beautifully with my interest in strategic planning and audience development. I’ll be working with the organisation on a two year assignment to help redefine their products and services, identify new audiences and development mutually-beneficial funding, sponsorship and presenting partnerships.

On the arts front I am considering doing the PhD studies part time. Details to follow.