September 25, 2005

Internet-less

Stephen was doing OK today until he lost his internet connection around 5pm.
We chatted on the phone and you could tell he was totally bent out of shape that the internet went down. "Maybe someone in our neighborhood was playing with a downed wire and destroyed our connection." Sorry Stephen but I have no sympathy considering that some people are homeless. Heck, go to an internet cafe. They seem to be opening up again.

Maybe I'm not being sensitive to his experiences. The guy has been living on canned food for a week and spending every day with a cat while I'm living my old life in San Francisco and sucking up all the sympathy of our friends and family who can't believe that he weathered out the storm in Houston.

Let's face it, I'm never going to move there. At this point people are probably taking bets on how long we'll last.