November 11, 2009

Salsa Queen


Oh I had the most wonderful evening at the San Francisco Internationakl Art Festival's salsa dance party! I took a mini dance lesson at the start and then watched the fantastic couples dance up a storm to the live music.

There was one man in particular, Mario, who had a harem of three fantastic dancers. Later in the evening, as I stood on the sidelines practicing the moves, one of the women in the harem, who had the sexiest dress, shoes and moves, pulled me onto the floor to dance with her in Mario's group. I was so surprised and flattered. I love dancing and have the moves, if not the steps. Soon I was dancing along with them and having my spins with Mario. What fun! They took a photo with me and hopefully it will arrive by email. If so, I'll post it here.

Once off the floor my friends told me how impressed they were with my moves and that I looked so happy. They also said that I was clearly not telling the truth when I said I didn't know how to salsa. Reminds me of when I went skiing with Simone in Tahoe. We took a lesson and I said I wasn't good. Turns out I was great! I seem to be getting more coordinated as I mature.

One of my goals for this coming year is to take more salsa lessons and get really good. I'm sure there must be a place in Oakland where I can get in a monthly dance.

Photo of Mario on the dance floor.