April 12, 2016

I Love to Facilitate!

In March I presented a session on Succession Planning: Starting the Conversation at the Theatre Bay Area annual conference hosted at Berkeley Rep Theatre. Lorenz Angelo Photography captured me facilitating the session in front of several idea capture sheets and illustrations. This image really does catch the essence of my style - collecting, culling, synthesizing, and sharing. 
The colorful words on the left were actually written by the participants who were invited to come up to the front and write down their stakeholder concerns related to arts leadership succession planning. Behind me is the GROWS coaching model: Goal, Reality, Options/Opportunities, Will/When and Success. The final set of illustrations are the Lifestages on the organizational and career Lifecycle that I first learned from Dr. Susan Kenny Stevens and have since evolved into images of seeds-seedlings-trees.