September 2, 2010

Giddyliscious

That's how I'm feeling having finished teaching my classes this week and heading into a four day weekend. My Fashion Marketing and Management students in San Francisco and Sunnyvale are absolutely inspirational. Now that I've been teaching at the Art Institute of CA for a year, I can see their evolutionary growth in maturity and professionalism.

In this morning's Business Ownership class, which I started teaching today, I knew the names of the majority of the students as they are my current or former students. It is so nice to have mutual trust and respect. The business plans they are developing are astonishingly good. That I could add input, advice and guidance made me feel valuable. I love working with these soon-to-emerge arts managers who are motivated to be successful.

Now to kick back and enjoy my weekend, while catching up on my client projects. Does that really count as a holiday?