March 7, 2007

On the Eve of Returning

Tomorrow Stephen and I head back to the States for a visit. It is very strange to be going back to my country for a visit as opposed to coming out to the UK for a holiday.

I'm worried about how it will feel to be back. Will I feel different? Will people seem different? Will I sound like Madonna with a fake English accent?

My work associates predict that I'll be shocked by how big and open the States are compared to the twisty little streets in London. I've hardly been out of London for the six months that I've be in the UK. It may be a shocker to see green and wide open spaces.

What I'm psyched about is the trip since we fly on my birthday. Although this wasn't planned we will be able to celebrate my birthday for much longer then 24 hours. Hip Hip Birthday!