September 11, 2006

Childhood Friends - See Us Grow!


This summer, being back at home in Connecticut, I had the opportunity to reconnect with two childhood friends. Here I am (left) with Karen(center) and Lori (right) from our April 1972 playgroup.

Love the fashions! This must be from the period when I would only wear polyester pants. Or maybe those are leggings? Check out the shoes. Karen says I still look the same. It is funny to see little mini-me versions of ourselves.

I was lucky enough to spend time with Karen and Lori this summer. Karen is now preggers with her first and Lori has three kids. Lori lives in Stamford and Karen is just a few exits up the Parkway in New York. Although it felt like the summer that would never end it gave me more quality time with quality people.

Lori and I went to college together and we both studied photography. Now she's a professional photographer and I only wish that I were. Visit her site at www.seemegrownet. She was also the mastermind behind the photography of the Stamford JCC Maccabi games and I was her humble assistant. Photos can be seen at www.maccabiphotos.net