Program I am teaching in San Francisco May 23 & 25...
Board Leadership Training ProgramThe Bay Area’s only arts-specific training program
Want to take your skills beyond the workplace? Interested in the arts? Starting a business you want to connect to the community? Board Training is a way to set yourself apart from the crowd!
Business Arts Council’s Board Leadership Training Program is a two evening interactive learning experience offering participants the opportunity to put their business skills to good use in a nonprofit arts environment. Explore best practices in board leadership with like-minded business professionals and senior arts managers from Bay Area arts organizations.
The training features a "make believe" case study of an arts organization facing real-world challenges and a mock board meeting you’ll participate in alongside guest arts managers who not only work in the arts now, but who are also from groups currently seeking new board members.
Read what past attendees have to say
• To provide an overview of the operations of small and midsize arts nonprofits
• To demonstrate best practices in board leadership
• To create a common understanding of the functional relationships between board and staff
• Participate in an arts-specific training program for business executives
• Explore an interactive case study that addresses actual leadership challenges
• Connect with senior staff of arts organizations seeking Board members
• Understand the state of the arts in the Bay Area and beyond
Our arts managment expert Amy Kweskin Duncan will guide you through the principles of non-profit board management and answer questions like:
- How does a non-profit operate?
- What does it really mean to join a board?
- What are the common board challenges?
2006 Board Leadership Training Schedule
- Day 1: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Day 2: Thursday, May 25, 2006 from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.(A light dinner will be provided on both evenings)
Cost: $250 per person. Attendance at both sessions is required. If you are a paid employee of a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, please contact us for pricing: 415-352-8845.Location: SF Chamber of Commerce Board Room, 235 Montgomery St., 12th floor in San Francisco (between Bush and Pine)