January 27, 2011

Sitting on Market Street

Rarely do I just go outside, during the school day, and enjoy San Francisco's Market Street. Perhaps most people would not see Market as being enjoyable but it is a central artery for San Francisco.

Our school is located in a car-free but taxi and bus-full section of Market that is used heavily by cyclists. Just now I saw a former co-worker, Claudia, riding her bike to a client meeting. We have been emailing to set a visit date to catch up because we haven't seen each other in over two years. If I hadn't taken a few minutes to enjoy Market I would never have noticed her toodling along the cross street Hyde on her way to The Mission.

Yes, it is time that I took Ike the Bike out for a ride. He must feel neglected all folded up in a storage closet. To Market we shall go!