- Aim: What is my intention, my purpose, my focus for the day?
- Affirmation: This is a positive affirmation of wow am I approaching this aim? What qualities am I bringing to this the purpose?
- Action: What work, knowledge and influence am I bringing to the aim?
- Achievement: How will I know that I have reached my aim?
Example1: Working with a strategic planning client
- Aim: to provide guidance, direction and focus to a group that has strong voices and high expectations
- Affirmation: I have the tools, experience, knowledge, and context of the big picture perspective, plus the voice to speak clearly, and concisely
- Action: listen, provide observations, give direction, and stay focused on actionable items that are realistic in the context of strategic planning, while playing the role of translator of ideas into action steps
- Achievement: I have provided guidance, insights, have documented actionable items, taken responsibility for my specific role and what I need to deliver, while not over-promising
Example 2: Leading a restorative yoga class
- Aim: to create a safe space in which there is a sense of connection to community
- Affirmation: I have the tools, experience and resources to facilitate the group; students trust me and value my voice
- Action: Teach from my heart, feel the safety within myself and share that calmness and connection with others
- Achievement: Following the final meditation, create a mandala from twine in which each participant is holding a connection point and we have woven a safe space where we can breath more easily and deeply
As I read these examples I had the second A as Attitude but I changed it to Affirmation. it is clear that this step gives me focus and sets me up for success.