January 17, 2021

Gratitude: Stepping out of my comfort zone

Stepping out of my comfort zone is something that I do regularly when it comes to work and school. However, not so much with physical activities that move me close to discomfort. Navigating this disconnect between my ambitions, potential, values, and goals - and my areas of concern - is something that I've been working on for a few years. This weekend I took a big step, or should I say a big ride, as I biked up a very steep bridge (and back down on the return trip) and along the side of a steep canyon. 

        This is the mantra I sang to stay relaxed, at peace and moved me forward:

This is the best day of my life.  
I kept repeating this out loud, with a positive attitude and a smile on my face. It worked! I did get a few side glances from other cyclists. Perhaps I inspired them with my mysterious song.