November 22, 2012

Riding a Bike Through Mexico City

Eduardo rode his folding bike and I was on a pick-up, drop-off ecobici share http://www.treehugger.com/bikes/mexico-citys-bike-share-program-quadruple-size.html as he guided me around the streets of Roma and Condesa where both he and Tesy are co-owners of numerous restaurants and bookstores. I was surprisingly fearless in the seemingly lawless streets of traffic free-for-alls. If only Ike the Bike were here. 

This ranks as one of the best days of my life - up there with whale watching in 2010 and riding on the back of Jeff's motorcycle in September of this year. The magic recipe is physicality and exploration which lead to exhilaration. All these adventures were in my stretch zone - pushing me past comfort but not to panic. I need to make time for these experiences!

I was also inspired by Tesy and Eduardo - my two entrepreneurial friends who are searching for life-work balance in their personal and creative endeavors. It appears to be a constant negotiation but it seems to me that they are pursuing their dreams.