May 29, 2010

Sleeping on the Couch



Now that my apartment is fitted out with furniture I am taking full advantage of every piece. Although I borrowed my friend Leah's air mattress, for Marlene and Mandeep's visit, I am sleeping on the couch. Now this may sound like I've been pushed out of my own bed, but no, it is rather that I've generously given it up to the mother-to-be.

The unexpected benefit of sleeping on my non-pull-out-super-long-couch, is that I am actually sleeping better than in my own bed. How can this be? Over the past year I have developed a shoulder injury and the physical therapist and I have deducted that it may be how I sleep on my side. The couch doesn't allow me to sleep on the injured shoulder and the result is that I'm not tossing and turning all night. Now, how to replicate this healthier sleeping style when I get my bed back?