September 18, 2009

Clinique Bonus Time Meltdown

Following a client meeting in San Francisco this morning I was chatting with my co-consultant David in a cafe near Bloomingdales and there was a little tent on the table that said, "Clinique Bonus Time". I totally freaked out and b-lined it to Bloomies as fast as possible. It's been nearly two years since my last Clinique Bonus Time in London. Significant withdrawal.

The women at the Bloomies Clinique counter thought I was mentally ill as I frantically asked for my facial sunblock - make it two - so that I could get the bonus. I've been waiting for a bonus time to get this much-needed product and in the interim have been using an inferior alternative that has resulted in lots of sunburns. Yes, I told all this to the Clinique women. They just smiled and hoped for the best...and that I would leave quickly.

Got the bonus - a highly unattractive silver bag that looks much like fish scales and filled with products I'll never use. But you know what? I'm so happy with that bag and will treasure it along with all my other Clinique Bonus Bags.