August 25, 2009

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

I've not even moved out of Alameda yet and already I'm missing the place. Tonight I promised myself an ice cream sundae from Tucker's and spontaneously called my friend Theron who lives down the street to see if he would join me. Ironically, he was thinking of calling me to do a Tucker's run. Serendipity.

We shared a frozen pizza and then trekked over to Tucker's. On our way we passed the Hob Nob, a divey restaurant/bar that I've never seen as hopping as it was this evening. An active singles social scene in Alameda? When we finally got to Tucker's and had our ice cream the owner treated us extra special nice. I'd never met the owner before. Where was all this neighborly action before I decided to move? Maybe I'm just coming out of my shell.