May 10, 2007

Select Your Title

Want to feel super special for the day? Maybe you’ve fancied having a regal title? Then I suggest you visit the Yorkshire, England visitor website and signup for their email list. They ask you to “Select your title” in the registration form and here are the options on their pull-down menu:
Admiral
Captain
Colonel
Counsellor
Doctor
General
Honourable
Lady
Lieutenant
Lord
Major
Master
Miss
Mr
Mrs
Ms
Prince
Princess
Professor
Rev
Sir

Gosh, I am so ordinary and just picked Mrs although last year I could have fit under Professor. Perhaps I’m actually a Lady?

Noticeably absent are King and Queen. I suppose they don’t imagine Queen Elizabeth II is computer literate and Charles is still just a Prince so no King title needed as of yet.

Go ahead, be a Princess today. I've just changed my title to Professor since that was a career highlight.