March 23, 2007

Stepping Back in Time

The last time I was at my Elementary School was 1983 when I graduated, walked out the door and never looked back. Hanging out with my childhood best friend (aka cbf) Lori yesterday we took a trip down memory lane and visited the old school.

How freaky to see the same, yes the same teachers walking down the halls. At this point they are a bit more “seasoned” but still as terrifying. I instantly bonded with Lori’s daughter who is currently a student as we discussed the scary-factor of the different teachers we shared.

The funny thing was that the teachers didn’t exactly remember me. They could recall my parents (also their students) and some details about my grandparents but very little about me as a student. To think they had such a huge impact on my life and I was just a bobbing head amongst hundreds of rug rats. Gosh, instead of years of therapy I should have visited the school sooner.